From:
Irwin Harlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:54:21 -0500
Ther are 5 beekeeping outfits, in western canada, that are going to cut
their cost of production  to zero.They are getting out of this
bussiness.They are having their auction sale this spring, been there, done
that ,got the t shirt.
Reasons could be all different, or might be close to same.
Most are medium size, none are what I call large operators.
 Perhaps they are wanting to retire, or maybe they are tired of producing
honey with little or no profit.The industry does not seem to be healthy
from the producer end.
 When the US border closed in 1986 to package bees things changed, but we
canucks have every disease and pest the US beekeepers have, but we don't
have any African bees, big deal,the border closure bought us time but made
us very inefficent.Wintering costs more than package bees.

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *