From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:03:52 -0600
> Is CCD at all related to winter kills? From what I have seen so far, they
> are two different things.

I really recommend a careful reading of all the articles at

http://maarec.cas.psu.edu/ColonyCollapseDisorder.html

(Each line is a link, although that may not be apparent on all browsers).

That site is pretty close to the horse's mouth, and contains everything we
might like to know -- except the answer, and I expect that eventually that
will be there too, even if it amounts to "no conclusion possible at this
time".

Science is good at studying, evaluating and manipulating events which are
repeatable, but less so for events which are anecdotal, random or
irreproducible.

> They seem to be merging on this list.

Most of what we are getting here is second-hand and speculation, mixed in
with some misunderstanding and confusion, but we do get some good pointers,
such as the one above.

Thanks to Peter for reminding us to keep looking there.