From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 05:08:21 -0400
Now a days in my area (don't know about others) dairy cows never get to graze/
orage. I wonder how that would work with Bees?

That is why cheese is so bland nowadays. Any nursing mother will tell you that her child knows exactly what she has been eating as the taste comes through in the milk. I know of one farm in West Dorset that produces cheese in which you can practically identify by taste the wild flowers in its meadows, just as one nearly always could more than half a century ago. I wish I could afford it more often. The same will happen with honey if the bees are just fed on sugar and soya.

Chris