Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2017 05:26:35 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: ROBERT RAUCH
Subject: [BEE-L] Insect populations

I find the argument that there is a lack of windshield insect impacts plausible but also bogus as to populations.  When I was in middle school(1960 to1962) we children were outside at any hour of the evening.  Several of my friends and I had insect collections.  We  would go to a nearby park, turn on the tennis court lights and collect.  The lights were swarming with insects.  That is not the case today. Bob Rauch

A few (not many) years ago I was on a coach returning from a Battlefield Tour of Normandy.  In the western part, where there are lots of small orchards, fields of dairy cows, gardens and hedges, the driver had to clean the windscreen of insects whenever we stopped.  Further east there were vast arable fields and very few insects on the windscreen.

Chris