From:
Donald Tinker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 1995 21:43:10 -0400
    Whether the colony contains a laying worker or a queen that has started
laying nothing but drone eggs, I have always had great success with the
following action:
Dismantle the colony and dump all of the bees 50 or so feet from the stand in
tall grass or weeds, then reassemble the colony on the stand and requeen it.
 The premise is that the queen or laying worker will not be able to fly back
to the colony.  This has worked every time for me.  It may be necessary to
replace some of the drone comb with new foundation if there is very much of
it.  A colony occasionally hangs out on the bottom board for various reasons,
but if the colony is not too crowded, there is probably nothing to worry
about.