From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2017 13:58:09 +0000
"Should you really study science  you understand its nothing more than proving what we know now,  knowing that in the future someone will probably prove it wrong...."

True, Charles....although I've noticed you are often skeptical of science, yourself.

Also, what an "on the ground field study" shows in Alberta or somewhere in California may not translate to what happens in New York.  All beekeeping is local.  I don't understand why this simple fact...that each location leads to different circumstances, and that bees might behave or respond differently in each place...is so confusing each time it comes up.  After all, most of you would agree that the location of a bee yard is very important.  So why do you assume that bees are going to do the same thing no matter where they are?

Science organizations such as the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the National Academy of Science, and so on are generally reluctant to make definitive statements until they are very, very sure of the data.  That's why there is so much frustration among us when lay people claim there is no such thing as human-influenced climate change.  Because by now, the evidence is so overwhelming....thousands of corroborating studies....that our science societies are making definitive statements, and that is a big deal.

Christina