From:
Michael W Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 11:19:50 -0500
Bryon,
    Just came across your message, the one you sent to BEE-L several years
ago.  If you have not found this site, it may be just what you are looking
for.  I've subscribed to this site for three or four years now and think it
is a very good resource.  Hope you're still online and this helps.

MIKE STOOPS

>From: Bryn Jones <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Bee Analogies, lessons
>Date: Sun, Sep 19, 1999, 2:12

>  Also, can anyone recommend Websites which have specific
> teacher related lesson plan resource material about bees - for primary,
> through to senior students?
> Sincerely,
> Bryn Jones

TeachersFirst Update - October 2, 2000

Happy October to all. We've come across a number of engaging sites this
week

Math resources on the web have gone well beyond drill and practice. The
new interactive resources from the National Council of  Teachers of
Mathematics combine sound instruction with a presentation designed to
retain attention. There are also great resources available from the
National Science Foundation. Check them out on the middle and high
school math pages on TeachersFirst. They're available from the
TeachersFirst Content Matrix: http://www.teachersfirst.com/matrix-f.htm

For AOL users, the URL is <a
href="http://www.teachersfirst.com/matrix-f.htm">Content Matrix</a>

Nothing helps with "doing science" like real data. NOAA's Arctic theme
site offers reporting on arctic climate information that could be the
basis for a number of different lesson activities. There are also lots
of other resources useful for studying this rapidly changing ecosystem.
The Arctic theme page is available from TeachersFirst's Earth Science
resources: http://www.teachersfirst.com/cnt-erth.htm

For AOL users, the URL is <a
href="http://www.teachersfirst.com/cnt-erth.htm">Earth Science Sites</a>

Looking for data from closer to home. The U.S. Census Department's Quick
Census Facts lets students look at population and demographic data from
across the nation or your own home county. Trying to figure out how the
voting will go in the presidential election in your county? Here's a
great resource to start collecting ideas. The Quick Facts are on the
TeachersFirst Reference page:
http://www.teachersfirst.com/reference-f.htm

For AOL users, the URL is <a
href="http://www.teachersfirst.com/reference-f.htm">Reference
Resources</a>

You may have heard about the recent report from the Alliance for
Childhood suggesting that computers and young children may not always be
a great combination. If you're using technology in the classroom this is
a document worth reading. The on-line version  is available on
TeachersFirst's Hot Topics at http://www.teachersfirst.com/hot-f.htm

For AOL users, the URL is <a
href="http://www.teachersfirst.com/hot-f.htm">Hot Topics</a>

This week's Featured Sites include everything from a history of Harlem
jazz to an interactive look at color theory and more. As always, the
features are at http://www.teachersfirst.com/feature-f.htm

For AOL users, the URL is <a
href="http://www.teachersfirst.com/feature-f.htm">Featured Sites</a>

Enough for now. Have a great week, enjoy the fall weather, and remember
that you can make a difference.

David Shively
Editor

—
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES:

TeachersFirst's mailing list has over 16,000 names. This makes manual
list editing extremely difficult. We'll continue to do it when
necessary, but we'd much prefer you follow the automated instructions
below:

TO CHANGE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS: If your old address will become inactive,
simply subscribe using your new address, either by following the
instruction below, or by using the form on the TeachersFirst opening
page. The listserv software will automatically delete your old address.

If your old address will not become inactive (e.g. if you've been using
your spouse's e-mail account) do the following: 1) Unsubscribe from the
list using the browser configured with the old address, then 2)
subscribe using the browser configured with the new address. If all else
fails, send an e-mail to [log in to unmask], but if you do,
allow a couple of weeks for the changes to take effect.

TO SUBSCRIBE to this newsletter, please follow these instructions: Send
an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the phrase - subscribe
teachersfirst - in the body of the message. Your name will automatically
be added to the TeachersFirst mailing list.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from this newsletter, please follow these instructions:
Send an e-mail to [log in to unmask] with the phrase -
unsubscribe teachersfirst - in the body of the message. Your name will
automatically be removed.