From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2015 16:08:27 -0300
In general terms one have to separate primary to secondary production. How
does go for beekeeping and honey production?

If I go to the dairy production, milking the cow and putting that milk in
big containers is primary production, when you pasteurice and bottle, when
you make cheese or yogurt and the like, then it is secondary production.

At least at Chile all this dairy primary production is under our AgServices
but not Sanitary Ministry. At secondary level applies all the regulation
for food production.

We are trying to apply that criteria for the beekeeping sector. From the
hive to the extracting room to as little as 25 kg drums should be primary
production. Any further bottling is secondary.

 honey is also  considered here a low risk production.