From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:54:19 -0400
Charles Duquette wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to test for
> fermentation before I liquify and bottle. Is fermented honey safe to feed
> to my bees?

I do not recall a response to your question. Fermented honey is not good
for bees and should not be fed to them.

As far as tests, I defer to the experts, but my guess is the moisture
content would be a good indicator if you have a before and after
reading. Higher moisture could indicate fermentation. If the honey is
thinner than usual I would suspect fermentation. But that is also an
indicator of honeydew honey which is exceptional.

Like I said, I defer to the experts.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine