From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 06:50:25 -0400
a James Fischer snip

Then I realized - the gardener had taken money from her customer without
telling me.
I thought I had been offered yet another free roof by an environmentally
aware person, when the actual deal was that the bees and hives had been
"sold".

People are strange.

my comments...
There is an outfit here (actually Austin Texas) that proclaims to be a non profit without ever filling out the essential paper work that will remove bees from residence for 'free'.  Free that is until they show up and then they demand a donation before anything happens.  Stories are passed around that he will place 'rescued' hives on your property and then send you a very large bill for 'managing' the hives.  Almost without exception it seems he inflates the number of hives and does no management.  The outfit was originally capitalized by a well know computer sales outfit... so evidently the 'perp' has a good line of BS.

All the above con job imho requires someone to have an emotional link to 'save the bees'.  Personally I think the bees here are doing quite fine but certainly we may need to 'save the beekeeper'... although some appear not worth the effort to save.

'suddenly it occur to me what a long strange trip it has been' <the grateful dead

Gene Ash