From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 15:01:25 +0000
> Why wouldn't it be possible to simply inoculate the sick hives with frames of brood/bee bread from the strong, untreated "B" virus hives? If B really moves into A's niche it should be a simple thing, no?

Of course. Or, for example, the making of splits from those hives. The idea of making whole splits from the best hives goes back at least to Charlie Mraz and I always mention this when I talk about splitting hives. This is how bees increase themselves, by taking the queen and bees of a whole range of ages, presumably carrying beneficial micro-organisms of all types.

I was just being facetious. The whole thing is utterly fascinating and would explain a lot of things people have been seeing for decades

Pete