From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2018 13:09:05 +0000
Here is an article about animal intelligence.  I recognize it is written for the public and is too short on detail to draw any scientific conclusions.  But, I feel it relates to our recent discussion on honey bee intelligence and the oft slippery discussion about anthropomorphism.  If you want to see more details on this subject  search "Chaser the dog."  I previously said you could not convince me that dogs can not think based on my own pets which clearly understand whole sentences when I talk to them.  Chaser simply demonstrates this in a controlled setting.  There is no question Chaser thinks.  The same could be said of Alex the parrot which is also an interesting search.  With their tiny brains can a bee think?  Good question.  Not much thinking I fear, but I would still be hesitant to say none at all.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/are-we-smart-enough-to-measure-animal-intelligence/

Dick