From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:22:13 -0500
DAVID ADAMS wrote:

> I am wondering if any of the deep thinkers have looked very closely at
what residues are in the fruit and vegatables we are eating.

* The benefits of eating more vegetables and fruits strongly outweigh any
potential risks from pesticides.

* When it comes to cancer risk, there is no convincing evidence showing a
difference between organic and conventionally grown foods. Market studies
show pesticide residues on conventionally grown foods are almost always
within safety tolerance limits. If you are concerned about pesticide
residues and can afford to spend more, organic produce may be a choice for
you as long as the higher cost will not lead you to cut back on eating
fruits and vegetables. However, for better health eat generous servings of a
large variety of veggies and fruits -- whether organic or not.

Copyright © 2008 American Institute for Cancer Research
1759 R Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
1-800-843-8114 (202-328-7744 in D.C.)
http://www.aicr.org/