Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 19:03:25 GMT+0200
Hi All

In a roof just outside the lab where I am there is a very persistent
wild hive. I have attempter to remove it twice and each time get this
really disgusting wild honey with it.

The honey is bright orange and in some places slightly green.

It turns out that the bees main forage point year round are the
numerous campus rubbish bins around the day cafetaria where people
buy coldrink and turf the cans, often with quite a bit in them.

The bees foraged this stuff and made it into honey that I decided to
call 'funnydew' (logic -  if honey of odd sources like insectiverous
plants must be labelled - honeydew honey -  then this is from a funny
source hence the name) Sort of brings into a bit of doubt the whole
Coca Cola 'Always the real thing' slogan!

They were really malnourished bees as well, with a terrible brood
pattern and very small bodies.

I have also heard of tasteless honey collected from leaks in the
piping at the glucose tanks in a neighbouring cities chocolate
factory.

What other funny honeys have memebers of the list come accros?

Keep well

Garth
---
Garth Cambray       Kamdini Apiaries
15 Park Road        Apis melifera capensis
Grahamstown         800ml annual precipitation
6139
Eastern Cape
South Africa               Phone 27-0461-311663

3rd year Biochemistry/Microbiology    Rhodes University
In general, generalisations are bad.
Interests: Flii's and Bees.