From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 06:56:55 -0700
>if it is true then should not resistant mites be far
> less virulent if they reproduce only half as rapidly?
My point exactly!  Covered in my article.

 > Judging from the colonies losses caused by resistant mites this certainly
does not seem to be
> true.
One observes that the mites don't seem to be building as rapidly, and may
think that one is getting mites "under control."
Then the next season, when the treatment fails completely, they devastate
you!
If the mites reproduced only half as fast, that would extend the population
doubling time from about one month, to two months.
Less virulent, yes.  But still eventually lethal.  : (
Randy