From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:03:19 -0400
E.O. Southwick did studies on this, taking whole colonies down  to really frigid levels.  He published the data - it was one of the last things I discussed with him before he passed from pancreatic cancer.  Maybe Peter can run these papers to ground?  My library is worthless, and I've changed offices several times and had to dispose of boxes of reports, etc. when I 'retired' - just not enough space.