Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2019 04:27:20 +0000
>>>  Vaugh Bryant's November 2018 article in BEE CULTURE says more or less that pollen analysis is an expert's enterprise: "Learning to analyze the pollen trapped in honey requires a broad understanding of botany and bee biology..

<><><>   I say hogwash.   I think it's fairly simple to learn how to use a centrifuge without slinging "stuff" all over the room and how to competently use a microscope to identify pollen grains.  I had a class in microtonomy and didn't find it difficult to learn how to used a microscope.  With adequate instructions others could find it easy to use.   Analyze pollen???  Wouldn't analyze.  Would simply compare samples with identified pollen samples in pictures.  Maybee I'm wrong here but if so, could those who have done such comparisons elucidate as to how and why it is so difficult.  If you're a good beekeeper, you ain't no dummy.
Mike in LA