From:
Kim Flottum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 16:45:21 -0400
In responce to Andy's comments on the sources of honey prices and
magazines...
Bee Culture magazine has over 100 field reporters who send in a specific
report each month. The reports are compiled by region (there are 12), the
prices from each reporter averaged for each region and published as such.
Because they are averages they are higher than some, and lower than others,
but are what is stated on the report - an average.
We do not rely on the USDA Marketing Report for any of our prices at any
time. We do, however, rely on them heavily for import and export data, which
is fairly accurate from all we have been able to determine.
Just so you know...
Kim Flottum, Editor, Bee Culture