Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 01:15:26 -0400
>Allen, I consider such gained knowledge to be invaluable.  Could you please
>share some of it with us on the List?

Sure.  I'm pretty busy these days, off and on, but if there are any specific questions,
I'm always happy to say what I think I know.  Sometimes I find out what I think by
writing for a critical audience like BEE-L and being subjected to a stress test.

I write about a lot of these things on my website, but there is so much there that
few have the time to sort through it.  I don't.  The thing is that there you can see
mistakes happen in real time -- if you have the patience -- and understand how I
fooled myself and continue to do so periodically.

I suppose that the most interesting questions have to do with how bees manage the
environment inside their cavity and how it manages them.  Although summer and main
honeyflow seem to interest everyone most, the real beekeeping takes place in spring. --
and fall.

Nothing is as it seems.  When I started with EPS hives, I assumed that they would
work because they were well insulated, but they did not really work well for me until
I drilled them full of holes.

To be continued.