From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 04:23:31 EDT
    Richard Yarnell writes:

Western Red Cedar is resistant to rot, smells nice but is not too
pungent.  Don't know whether it would have any effect on moths. It is not
as rot resistant as Redwood.  Use screws and glue to put any hive
constructed with WRC.

    Why the screws? My hives are cedar - don't know what sort, though I could
doubtless find out. If there's any reason for using screws, I need to change
my method of construction.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley