Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2008 09:44:32 -0400
Peter L Borst wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Last week I saw a lot of bees gathering corn pollen, which I hadn't seen before.

Corn pollen is a major pollen source in areas where there is a lot of
corn is grown such as the Midwest. It is a major cause of bee kills in
sweet corn where it is regularly sprayed for insects. Almost any
residual insecticide "attaches" to the pollen and is carried back to the
hive and causes severe delayed brood kill

Dan Veilleux