From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2013 20:57:24 -0400
>>Embellish please.  In the meantime, I'm starving, I'm headin' out for
a cheeseburger!

These are the types of starvation which I have seen over
the years.  I don't see how anyone could classify them all
simply as starvation because they all have seperate causes,
and separate remedies which can be performed in late season
which 'may' help prevent the type of starvation which a particular
colony may be susceptible to.  I coined them as best I can...

'lateral isolation starvation'
Cluster moving across the frames laterally and becoming isolated.

'solar isolation starvation'
Cluster moving to the south due to heat radiated attraction and
becoming isolated.

'freeze starvation'
Cluster unable to move to access stores which are very near to the leading edge of the cluster.

'rapid depletion of inferior stores starvation'
Cluster situated on comb which is either partially filled or unripe, leading to rapid depletion of energy needed to move to fresh stores.

‘depletion of stores starvation’
Cluster consuming all the available stores.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle