From:
Medhat Nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 03:02:40 +0000
Bill said:

We need info from Canada this year as to winter success. Medhat has a

treatment program for Varroa and nosema and beekeepers who followed it have

enjoyed success. Since they are also near the neonics (canola) it would

help clarify the problem especially if they suffered major losses.

Bill we have too much snow on the ground. Still beekeepers looked at some bees.  Early reports of out doors winter kill from 3- 15% with very long sever winter. Yesterday I visited indoor facility with

800 nucs 6 framers. Checked with light through the entrance. I suspect 2% winter kill. This is in Alberta. I heard that vancouver island where we had persistent high kill had very decent winter kill and bees are in best shape. I rest my case.

Medhat