Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:05:49 -0400
>Allen was being totally SARCASTIC with the above quote.  He was poking fun
>at people who complain about foreign farm workers,  and pointing out that
>Mexican truckers going into the US, will just be the same situation as we
>have at the northern border, where Canadian truckers can enter the US.

True,  Not only that, Stan, but I was giving Dee a poke.

She was the one who made me aware of the history and the Treaty as we
drove around not too many miles north of the border.

I'd have thought she would be more sympathetic.  She was then.

But that was then and this is now.  Nogales was not that nice back then and
is worse now, I am sure, and she is closer to the border.

As for the Mexican truckers driving un-inspected into the US, I think that could
happen if the shipper is bonded.  There are many ways the authorities keep
tabs on shipments, and there is no reason to treat our Mexican neighbors badly.

To relate this to beekeeping, though, things are far more complex and we are
not going to see anything like that with bees. Too many agencies are involved.

A few decades back, I shipped a semi of bees in hives to Arizona. There is
absolutely no way I could do that today, and no way a Mexican shipper could
either.

On the other hand, the Rio Grande is just a ditch a lot of the time and I can
throw a stone across the All-American canal any day.

Bees are not scoff-laws, but they don't understand our rules and they fly back
and forth between mexico and the USA every day and between Canada and the
US also on the borders of seven of our provinces.

Anyhow, I am thinking that we are getting off topic here a bit.  Maybe not?

Sometimes we just have to talk these things out.