From:
Chris Coplan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:47:37 -0400
>>WILLIAM G LORD wrote:
>>
>> I am wondering if it would be offensive if we had a
>> discussion as to the merits of different queens on this list?

>Adam Finkelstein wrote
>A suggestion: why not take this _extremely interesting_ topic to the
>beekeeping newsgroup: sci.agriculture.beekeeping?
>
>Usenet is better suited for this type of conversation.
>Yes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, because of some peoples internet access (some only having
email, not usenet, hence one of the reason for founding listservs) - some
topics are  duplicated on the usenet as well -

Anyway, I got my first hive (queen & 4lbs bees) at Wilbanks Apiaries in GA
and they are doing great thus far - in the first 3 weeks they ate 1 qt.
sugar syrup/day, and filled the first hive body with brood, pollen and
honey.  I've just put the 2nd hive body on, although they've slowed down on
the sugar syrup, and general activity (I assume they are about at there
lowest population, as the old bees are starting to die off.)

I will probably purchase more packages next spring, so am interested in
hearing other peoples experiences with queens / and or / packaged bee
suppliers - I'll probably stick with Wilbanks unless I hear something out
of the ordinary - but its good to know about other suppliers just the
same....

Chris Coplan
(Maidens, VA)