From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:13:19 -0600
Hello all,

 A bit late in replying, but we find soft micro wax works really well in
 sealing wooden frame feeders and any other type of feeders.  Talk to your
 petroleum companies and ask for their softest wax.  Heat it up, pour it in
 and swish it from end to end of the feeder until any leaks are plugged up.

I have tried the wax several times but the wax always separates from the
wood later. I have been told to take a propane torch and heat the wood first
and then the wax will stick. Have you ever had a problem with the wax
lifting later?
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,Missouri