From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 11:20:15 -0600
Here's a post that has sat in the moderators' inbox for quite a while due
the fact that to the quoting of the entire previous (fairly long) post in
addition to the part I am passing along.  It was rejected for that reason
and we requested a trimmed version and apparently it never came back.

Since this post may be important to some, I am posting it.  As you can see,
it appears to come from me.  It did not originate here though.

FYI: Unfortunately -- due to the way LISTSERV works, the moderators cannot
edit posts received -- even if they wanted to.  They can either okay each
post or reject it.

If a post does not meet the guideleines and the original author does not
resubmit it in an acceptable form, it dies -- unless a moderator feels it is
sufficiently germane to take the time and effort to edit and post it under
his own name.  Then it appears under the moderator's name, not the author's.
Some moderators wish to remain anonymous, so that means that, occasionally,
good posts die because the originator will not or cannot meet nettiquette.

---
My wife had a severe reaction to a sting last fall. We did the whole
911,trip to the emergency room thing. And they gave us (actually charged an
arm and a leg)an epi-pen. But, their advise was to also take a full does of
Benadryl at the same time you use the epi-pen. The epi-pen will control your
reaction until the Benadryl takes effect. Then you need to get medical
attention. My
understanding is that epinephrine is dangerous stuff and you should be
monitored until it has worn off, which takes a few hours. In fact, we spent
hours in the emergency room simply waiting for the various drug to wear off.

We haven't figured out how to get the desensitization yet, but that looks
like the only long term solution.

Name Witheld