From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:59:59 -0500
>I have been treating my hives with aspitan for the last 25 days.  =
>Another inspection of my hives also found it with beetles too.

First thing: get your state inspector to look at things. If these are hive
beetles (there are some imposters) then they need to know. Your post does
not say where you are located but if hive beetles have not been found in
your area before the information should be available so the inspectors can
get the word out.

The second thing you can consider is there are treatments for the soil that
can take out the beetle. You would have to have the permission of the
property owner if you have your bees on someone elses land. This would
reduce the need for a second toxin inside the hive.