From:
Samizdat® <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:01:05 +1200
> I found that several dandelions had gotten their calendar
>screwed up and were flowering (and being worked).   At a friend's place the
>other day he showed me some blueberry vines flowering , and some which had
>just set fruit.  I picked a few raspberries the other day.

        I have a dwarf cherry which has bloomed in autumn for several
years.  Many plants lately exhibit patterns which would be a major topic of
conversation and of scientific research in a decent society.
        The chances are negligible of tracing any of these biological
aberrations to any particular gene-splicing expt.  Lack of evidence is
taken as proof of safety  -  a grave reckless error.