Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:39:12 GMT
>>I didn't find that Buckfast bees...Texas strain...was very
resistant to Chalk.

Forgive my bias but I won't order a queen from Texas, or some of the
other southern states, due to the presence of AHB there.  Especially,
since this queen is needed for a nature center that gets many
visitors.

>>I wouldn't use either of these stocks, but would buy a hygienic
Carniolan strain.

Can you recommend a source?  Has anyone used NWCs from Strachan and
found them to clean up chalkbrood?

>>Or perhaps a Russian queen from Francois Petit in Ontario, Canada.
They are selected for being hygienic. You can find him at:
http://www.igs.net/~pilgrimventures/The_Russian_Bee_Breeding_Program.h
tm

I'll check them out.  I'll also check with Purvis Brothers about
their bees' ability to clean up chalkbrood.

Waldemar