From:
"Peter L. Borst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:10:05 -0400
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:18:18 -0400, Brian Fredericksen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Why is it that 95% of the media reports of affected beekeepers typically
include information that makes it clear to an experienced beekeeper that the
reported bee loss is not CCD?

* I am glad you lead off with the question of the news media. I will state
here and now that anyone who relies on the news media for information about
their specialty is going to the wrong source. Any beekeeper that wants to
stay up to date, in my humble opinion, should be here. Subscribe to the bee
magazines, go to the club meetings, do a lot more listening.

>THe real story is the unsustainable practices migratory feedlot beekeeping
has sunk to and CCD is IMO a distraction from the core issues that are not
being addressed.

* OK. What proof do you have that these practices are the cause of any of
these problems? Migratory beekeeping has been practiced for many decades.
Bees have been shipped from South to North for generations. Again, if you
actually talked to large scale beekeepers and listened to their stories, you
might be a little less eager to constantly bring this whole thing back to
THEM and US. If you have ideas that you want to share that you think will
work, then by all means, you should share them. But if you think the answer
to everybody's problems is to not have so many bees and not move them
around, then you might as well just stay home and not get involved.

> If you read the mass media on this ...

* Yes, well, I don't.