From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 04:04:54 -0700
To Jim et al:

Probably like many others I have been following this Tbh thread closely
and find it very interesting!

I may have missed something along the way-like "how well can a tbh
winter
up in these colder climates in New England & North into Canada?"

I always thought that you really need two supers to get thru a winter-in
case it gets real frigid. [I always err on the safer side.]

As near as I can see, tbh's are really about the depth of one full
super, more or less?

Since I always thought bees move upward in the winter - what happens in
a tbh? They don't go sideways do they? Or is it more a matter of keeping
closer tabs on whether or not they need a little feed at some point?

Regards,

Al
--
Al Needham * Scituate,MA,USA * [log in to unmask]
      Available at: Http://www.kuai.se/~beeman/