From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:17:47 -0500
Hello Al & All,
> I have a question concerning the honey in storage and packaged from hives
> that have SHB.  I have gotten the info on not letting the supers set for
> more than 3 days or a hatch could happen,  I have read nothing on eggs
hatching after extraction.
I am doing email with David Westervelt in Florida and have asked David to
let me post one of his small hive beetle posts on Bee-l. All people
interested in smb should join the Florida beekeepers list and ask the shb
questions to those people as they are fighting the shb battle in the
trenches. As to shb eggs.
Heat kills the eggs so eggs in honey wouldn't be viable and also would be
filtered out in a large operation. I do not know in a hobby situation. I
will ask David when he responds back for you. I believe David will agree
with the above answer. A bigger question is will the slim hurt the quality
of honey? Gross the slim is and the honey ferments.  Even a small amount
could be a problem.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri