From:
"Otto, Warren" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:22:00 CDT
Here are a couple of questions experienced beekeepers will know the answer
to.

This will be my first experience at beekeeping and I purchased some Bee-Pro
pollen substitute on Saturday.  It came as a powder in a bag.  Do I mix it
with anything or do I just feed it to the bees as a powder?  My Prairie
Beekeeping Manual talks about mixing your own substitute with soya flour,
etc., etc. and forming it into patties, but it doesn't talk about what you
do with a bought pollen substitute.

One other question.  Here in southern Manitoba we still have a lot of snow.
 In fact where I want to put my hives is still under 3' and I don't expect
it to all be gone by the time the bees arrive (May 5).  Can I install the
bees and then move the brood chambers at the end of May when the location is
clear of snow and dry?

Thanx
Warren Otto