From:
Frank Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:02:58 +0930
-----Original Message-----
From: unman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, 28 August 1998 20:25
Subject: Odp: Re: chalk brood?

>For a chalk brood is effective thymol. 10g/hive. If I see in front on a
hive
>lot of chalk brood I splash the entrance and bees which there are with a
>vinegar (10%). Also give syrup with vinegar (2 ccm/1kg of sugar).
>
>Andrzej, Poland

Greetings Andrzej
I am interested in your advice about chalkbrood. My area has  been infected
with chalkbrood for about 3 years now.
What is thymol?
How do you give it to the hive?
Does vinegar 10% mean 90% water with 10% vinegar?
How often would you have to repeat these treatments.
Andrzej, if you applied this treatment to a badly infected hive, how much
reduction chalkbrood infection would you normally expect to see.
I am interested in hearing if anyone else has methods for controlling
chalkbrood.
Thanks in advance, Frank.