From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:26:02 +0100
Hi Mike

 > none of which involve grafting

I have never understood why so many spend so much time and effort trying
  to avoid the easiest and most reliable method.

The Miller method works fine, but is really aimed at producing a dozen
or so queens, if large numbers of queens is your aim, then it would turn
our rather laborious.

http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/cellstarting.html

The cell punching method is good, but again is not a method that lends
itself to large quantities (although I know one guy who uses as many as
45 punches). I find that cell punching is more useful in the 'drop of a
hat' situation... You might be in a friend's apiary and spot
characteristics in a stock that interested you, so you make a few cell
punchings and form a nuc to look after them ( assuming that you know the
guy well enough ), I always had cell punches available in my kit box,
for just such an occasion.

http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/cellpunch.html

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)