From:
Chuck Wettergreen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:21:04 -0500
The first story on the Saturday (6-15-02) ABC evening news
concerned the "pork" hidden in the bill before congress to
establish the Homeland Security Department. The reporter went
through a laundry list of multi-million dollar appropriations for
things unrelated to homeland security, and ended up with, "and
that perennial favorite, the honeybee subsidy".

I'm not aware of any "subsidy" to honey or honeybees in the US.
Are they talking about the bee labs funding?

Anyway, I fired off an e-mail to ABC News questioning their
reporting, and maybe you all should too.

Cheers,

Chuck Wettergreen
beekeeper/meadmaker/Geneva, IL