From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:32:26 +0000
"To do it unprovoked, because your not sure why you lost queens???  Not to mention the comment on farmers in the same thread........"

Charles, and all....my post was not a generalization to demean commercial beekeepers and farmers.  Both commercial beekeepers and farmers are my family and friends, and I respect the professions.  I was reacting to generalizations about hobby beekeepers, which I have seen posted here.   My point being that most hobby beekeepers do not have the resources that commercial beekeepers do to deal with individual hive problems. These problems include buying inferior nucs or packages, and include local environmental disturbances.   Most hobbyists are anxious to do a good job with their bees, and they work hard to learn how.

Please do not expand my comments beyond what I said.   Thanks.

Christina