From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:13:03 -0700
Hi all

Have now put lid with hanging multiple combs as sample into
freezer for filming in a few days. Have seen two different
cutouts this way but decided to start filming when I saw
the second. Now looking for a third, etc to get a series
for filming to make sure no fluk so no one can say it's a
one shot deal!

Center comb appears to be non-directional so no matter how
put in the bees can use it on each side going out from
center depending upon how the light goes from center comb
to entrance. (two samples I have are from cavities)

Still have word out to ranches for more cutdowns for free
hanging swarms and have located a few I will try to get to.

I will now film with video and micro lens so I can get into
bottom of cells to show positioning of centers of
cells.With video I can film all combs, right now three and
then zoom into the center to show it and how combs
look.that way no one can say I just layed combs on scanner
for pictures. I can with video show all combs where hanging
from and then single out the ones to show to document the
positioning.Hope to be filming for several months as I do
cutouts now to get multiple examples. So far with entrances
the way they are I got 2 out of 4 to film so odds are I
will have more.

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby