From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:32:13 -0600
Hello All,
David Hackenburg has been named the *poster boy* for CCD. Dave was the first
to step forward and now 24 four states are reporting the problem. I applaud
Dave for reporting a problem he had never seen before. Then  the story was.
"Me too" by others.

I am still going through bees but have not seen the CCD problem ( as
described by Dave & Jerry) but have got many hives yet to go through.

I was the "poster boy" for the Australian package bees. I said the world
would not come to an end (as predicted by many) and would end up being a
good thing. I was given a hard time at first but now all of U.S. beekeeping
has came to see the value of the import ( at least the larger beekeepers).

My point is that when the beekeepers which did the first import were in
California a certain Montana beekeeper gave those beekeepers a hard time.
Said he would not be caught dead with Australian packages.

On the last page of the New York times article hear what the same beekeeper
had to share with the reporter today.

"L.S. a beekeeper from Montana ,said he spent $150,000 in the last two weeks
buying packages of bees from Australia!"

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.

* BEE-L is hosted at the State University on New York at Albany.                    *
* Help with data collection regarding Colony Collapse Disorder at www.beesurvey.com *