From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:41:42 +0800
Hi Juanse,

"An other problem my extracting line have at the moment is a bottle neck
with the wax capping after the uncapper. I have now a tank under the
uncapper with a hot water melter, but it is not enough for the throughput
of the uncapper. We end up shovelling some cappings to drums for latter
melting, losing around 1% of honey"

Although in-line cappings presses and cappings centrifuges (as opposed to cappings spin driers), have become the  process of choice  by most larger scale honey producers, both have the end product as wax cappings with almost all the honey removed but which still require the wax to be further processed by melting, and cleaning before pouring into blocks.

A piece of equipment which was routinely used in Australia, particularly in the mobile extracting plants, but which seems to have fallen out of favour with todays honey producers (who now are largely central extracting plant based), is the Cappings Reducer. http://www.prestigestainless.com.au/cap_reducer.htm

Although the older designs of these had the propensity to overheat and darken the honey which passed through them in association with the cappings wax, the later designs do not do this. The advantage of these is that they do not take up much space, are relatively cheap (by comparison to centrifuges, presses and spin driers), and all honey is processed at the same time as extracting. The melted wax is then poured into moulds at the end of the extracting day.
The disadvantage of these is that they require steam to operate efficiently, ( it has ~8x more heat energy transfer ability than hot water). Small gas or wood fired boilers were commonly mounted on the rear of the extracting van to supply this.
I have one of these reducers (currently not used) which was easily able to keep up with the throughput of the uncapper, although in my operation then, approximately 100 supers were extracted per 10 hour day by 1 person in the van and 1 person pulling the honey supers and returning the empties to the hives.
Even converting your current wax cappings  melter to operate on steam rather than hot water is worth considering, if the design lends itself to not overheating the honey.

PeterD
in Western Australia, not trying to re-invent the wheel, but pondering the question "Are bigger wheels worth the the investment.?"