From:
"The Burlingames(" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:44:12 -0700
HI Beefriends,

Just wanted to express my appreciation to this list for all the help that
various ones have given me in response to my many questions as a new
beekeeper. Ken Adney  responded to one of my first posts and gave me
the name of a couple not too far away from us. They agreed to loan me
their extractor....without ever having met me, and we just finished
extracting 40 quarts of honey..from what started out as three hives this
spring.  We are so appreciative of everyone's help. My neighbor and I
kind of work together as we learn about bees. He's a single hermit
type of person and thought it best if I did his honey...figured no one
would want to buy honey out of his kitchen...so he "let" me uncap and
extract all his honey. It has been a fun job! Very Sticky!!

We are hoping to get at least another 2 maybe 3or 4 supers off
our hives since they are in a nectar flow from a field of clover
as well as fireweed which is in bloom...

One question now...what do we do with the cappings that we have
strained..are these good for beeswax candles and how do you get
the stickiness out of them? Does melting them over hot water like
you do any wax  do the job?

Thanks again for all your help and contacts!

Meri Burlingame
Washington State

Meri Burlingame: Moderator
The Apostolic Prophetic List