From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 16:05:45 -0400

> The 2% figure of CCD in Florida is misleading.
What is the number for all beekeepers? My guess is the 2% figure is
correct for all beekeepers. The problem is the number of colonies is
also misleading.

We know that some large operations have had large losses so what percent
of large operations have reported confirmed CCD?

It would be interesting to know if any "before" snapshots have been or
will be taken of operations before they venture out this year from
Florida. But then, we had AHB in Maine blueberries years before it was
acknowledged as being present in Fla., so not sure how accurate that
snapshot will be.

The AHB probably snuck on the trucks as they passed through
Massachusetts. Maybe that is where they also pick up Varroa and Tracheal
mites.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine