From:
John Olivier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 08:25:06 -0400
Here in the Northern Neck of Virginia our spring and only flow is over and from now on the colonies can barely maintain themselves and robbing can start at the drop of a hat. Although the spring was about 3 weeks behind last season we had a good locust bloom and despite all the rain the colonies produced an average yield of very pale honey and although the tulip poplars bloomed we did not appear to get much nectar from them.  Bill if you are going to have some difficulty in getting around you could try the Slovenian AZ hive system, they seem to be quite popular in your area.
As I am now reaching for 75 years old I have built 6 of them and am thinking of the years to come where I will not be able to handle the Langstroth boxes and will be able to handle the AZ hives frame by frame.