From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:56:31 -0700
On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Kevin R. Palm wrote:

> Folks,
>
>         I don't normally post to the list that often, being a beginner I lurk
> in order to glean the wisdom of MOST of my fellow BEE-L members.  But one
> person in particular has prompted me to post this message : Walter Patton.  How
> DARE he condemn beekeepers like myself and the majority of listmembers who have
> to deal with the mites and diseases we encounter on a daily basis!!  I'm all for
> difference of opinion, it's one of the things that make this list a valuable
> resource.  Mr. Patton's posts do not seem to be springing from an honest
> difference of opinion, but from a childish "I'm better than you" type of
> mentality.  In case you hadn't noticed, Mr. Patton, most of the beekeepers on
> this list try to find ways to HELP each other, rather than attack each other for
> having to deal with problems they've never had to face.  Why don't you leave
> your "Paradise" for a while and see how the rest of us have to live before you
> start spouting your useless, inflammatory rhetoric!!
>
>         Sorry to go off like this, but this last post really got to >
 Hi Kevin and all, I hate to prolong this negative ,childish that has
been going on for a couple of days. It has no place on this list,we love
our bees and we all have different problems because of the different
enviornments we live in. I sell honey from hives with no medication at
all. I have some hives that I treat that I can't sell to my big market in
Seattle.We in the Us have Varroa and it is a real pain. Don't worry
everyone will get it if they have ships comming into there harbors.It is
just a matter of time. If I was in one of the places that do not have the
mite , I would be gleaning all the info that I could so I can do a good
job controlling the mite when it comes.This is not a place to put people
down but to lift people up and share our knowledge.I'm greatfull to have
a way to communicate to other beekeepers all over the world and the
wonderful researchers that are trying very hard to help understand the be
and its pathogens.
 I have 31 years in beekeeping and a friend came over yesterday with his
Wife to talk about bees and Varroa. They are 83 years old and Ed has had
bees for over 50 years and Varroa cleaned him out 2 years ago.He has 20
hives now and wants to know what is new about Varroa and the treatment
for it. I was able to show him some of the posts on this list. He thought
it was great that we could help each other out and all learn from it.Like
Allen said, we can kill an incoming address , but I would hate to do
that, we all have knowlege that is positive and should be shared.
 Lets look at how we can help the bees , thats what this is all about.
 Thank You
  Roy