From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:14:39 -0300
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
 wrote:

> ...I find apitherapy a difficult subject.  I've had results in my own body
> from stings (sore shoulder) and from eating propolis ...enough that I will
> continue with this stuff myself.
>
> Me too.

For us beekeeper, getting in the threadmill of laboratory testing is a
killer.
We should stand behind hive products, thinking that bees are the threshold.
Yes, we beekeeper mess up things when fighting varroa, foolbrood and nosema.
Yes, bees gather "things from the environment" (I worry about urban
beekeeping product quality)
But if they are alive and producing honey, propolis, polen, etc
should I bother to test each of the products for human safety if I do not
use nasty thing in my hives?

On the theraphy side, I ve seen my wife for the past 10 years using the
different products of the hive
in different formulation and ways of application, for different animal
problems. Synergy is the key.
But for sure it is not the only medicin that she uses in her practice.
Apart from clasical allopatic medicin (particularly anestesics and the
like), she uses Batch floral, homeopaty, different local herbs
and now is doing a diploma in chinese medicin (acupunture and herbs).

The key is in the good anamnesis, a good diagnostic, and over that a
knowledgeable doctor that knows what to use when for what.

Bee hive products certainly work for certain things. They are not magic
indeed, but knowing how to use them, they are great.
You won't cure cancer just by eating honey, no matter which honey is it.

On the cancer side, I've only hear Alejadra talking about some rumanian
human cases of mamarian cancer being cure with endovenous honey
application. We were carrying our own experiment with a 11 years old
Terranova Bitch that I accidentally "pass the hyundai 4x4 over". Two days
ago we have to call: End of Experiment.

Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.
Carrera 695