From:
Michael Churchill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:30:19 -0500
At 04:49 PM 10/23/00 -0400, you wrote:
<snip>
>The write-up begins rhetorically with this: "Does Mother Nature want you
>eating half a cup of oats coated with three teaspoons of sugar laden with
>more artery clogging fat than you'd get in a McDonald's hamburger?"
>I've been looking for this product on my local store shelves to answer the
>following question: Does it have any honey in it at all?

Here's the label info for "Nature Valley Oat's 'N Honey Crunchy Granola
Bars".  Honey  is listed after sugar, but before brown sugar syrup.  These
aren't the exact brand you mentioned, but I had one of these in my desk at
work (they're pretty tasty, too).

Ingredients:
Whole grain rolled oats
sugar
canola oil
crisp rice (rice flour, sugar, malt, salt)
honey
soy protien
brown sugar syrup
salt
soy lecithin
baking soda
natural flavor
almond flour
peanut flour
CONTAINS SOY, ALMOND AND PEANUT INGREDIENTS

Two bars (42 grams) have 180 Calories, 11 grams of sugars, and only 6 grams
of fat (0.5 g Saturated fat), so are much less than a McDonalds hamburger
(9g fat, 3.5 Sat. fat) or a Quarter Pounder with cheese (30g Fat, 13 g Sat.
fat).  I am unsure of how many grams there are in a teaspoon of honey (or
sugar), but the 11 grams represents about 1/4 of the total mass of the bars.

IHTH.
Mike Churchill, Beginning Beekeeper | What's the buzz all about?
http://www.netmechanic.com - Power Tools for Your Web Site
Link and HTML testing, Server Reliability Testing, Website Promotion Tools