From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:28:03 +1100
Does anyone have experience with bees under extensive netting.  The
patch of blueberries I am pollinating at the moment is about six and a
half hectares under the one net.  I did it in June last year and for the
last month.  The bees seem to be reluctant to fly on both occasions and
are going back.   They can get through the walls and with a little more
difficulty the top.  The reluctance to fly may be no more than very
little to fly for.

On another property I do in the spring, the bees go gangbusters. They
fly happily through the nets and are every bit as productive as hives
outside the nets would be.  The netted areas are however smaller, and
the hives can be placed just inside the nets.

Geoff Manning