Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:45:22 -0400
Bob:

I am sorry for not having provided the specifics.  I “assume” too much,
knowing fully well that “God” is in the detail.

This is what I do.  Instead of using Avery, I just buy Staples’ generic
labels, as I am cheap, that correspond with Avery numbers, as MS Word will
find the latter better.  Using an inkjet printer, print the labels on this
generic label as many sheets as you desire.  I print mine in mono-color
(black) as purchasing color-ink adds up to the overhead.

Make sure the print has dried.  Next lay these printed labels in a dry
bathtub or on a table long ways, as I do not wish to wet the carpet or
kitchen table with chemicals.  Spray with the hairspray, the kind that holds
the shape/style/form of one’s manicured hair, such as Aqua-net.

As you zigzag with the spray-can, do not over spray; just drizzle
aerosol-particles in a sweeping fashion over the labels, light-coating them
with the spray.  Then leave the sprayed labels in the tub to dry; this takes
longer than one might expect, perhaps about five minutes.

If you leave them in the tub too long, however, the printed labels will
“curl up” (no pun intended) but no harm done to the letter, though
inconvenient to unstuck the labels from a curled sheet.  This is not a
rocket science by all means.

To prevent this, no sooner do the labels dry than turn the sprayed side down
on a flat surface and put a weight atop.  Done right, these labels will not
smudge even when you stick and rub them on to the bottle with your bare
hands.  I guarantee.

Plastic bottles are much easier to adhere them, but they will stick to Mason
jars fine, too.  Of course, when sticking them, the surface should be dry
regardless of the type of the jar.

No.  No need to send me your two cents.  But would you share your results?

Yoon