From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:25:37 -0600
From:                   Self <allend>
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Subject:                Re: requeen? odd comb
Date sent:              Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:16:07 -0600

> Never, under any condition, attempt to draw foundation in any way except
> 10 frames at a time!  If you use 9 or 8, what a mess of cross comb you
> will have!  Also, never mix drawn comb and foundation in the same body,
> or you will have frames "welded" together with a "3rd" comb between a
> drawn frame and the untouched sheet of foundation.

Gotta disagree a little here, George.  We do both of the above all the
time, with generally good results.

However, one must really know what one is doing, so the above methods are
definitely not recommended for bee-ginners.  I suspect this was what you
meant?

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/